High Water Women's 2016 Investing for Impact Symposium
October 18th, New York City
Since 2013, High Water Women's Investing for Impact Symposium has evolved into an important gathering for impact investors who want to connect with other investors, advisors, and investment professionals. Past attendees have been impressed with the unique opportunities to network, our expertly curated program, and the breadth of experience brought by our speakers and discussion leaders, allowing for a closer examination and in-depth discussion of key impact topics and issues.
We are pleased to announce that Elizabeth Littlefield, President and CEO of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation, will deliver our Keynote address. For information on the program and speakers confirmed to date please see 2016 Symposium Agenda.
Sponsor list in formation:
Calvert Investments ~ Orrick Herrington Sutcliffe ~ The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation ~ Bank of the West ~ BlackRock ~ MicroVest ~ Wetherby Asset Management ~ Impax Asset Management ~ Mariner Investment Group ~ oekom research AG ~ Walden Asset Management ~ Alston & Bird ~ Cornerstone Capital Group ~ Farmland LP ~ Foundation Source ~ Trillium Asset Management
High Water Women's 2015 Investing for Impact Symposium
- 2015 Symposium Highlights
- 2015 Symposium Program Agenda
- 2015 Symposium Acknowledgments with Agenda
- 2015 Symposium Speaker Bio's
- 2015 Symposium Attendee List
- Videos from Select Panels and Breakout Sessions:
- Keynote: An Impact Investment Story — Ron, Marty and Stephanie Cordes, CordesFoundation
- Setting Impact and Portfolio Objectives, Putting it Together — Combining your investment and impact objectives.
- — The Wharton Study as referenced in this panel: http://whr.tn/impactinvesting
- Investing with Impact: Food and Sustainable Agriculture — Defining and identifying your role in investing with impact focused on food and sustainable agriculture.
- The Mainstream is Going Impact — Mainstream financial services firms are incorporating impact into their array of offerings: how are they approaching this and how do they see it developing?
- An Ecosystem Approach to Environmental Investing — Defining and identifying the different roles & investments available in the environmental arena.
- High Water Women — The Role of Women in Impact Investing Initiative
- Select Press Coverage:
- Empowering Women Drives Impact Investing — Financial Advisor, 23 October 2015, By Jerilyn Klein Bier
- Inside MacArthur's Impact Investing: A Conversation With Debra Schwartz — Inside Philanthropy, 26 October 2015, By Kiersten Marek
- Thanks to Our 2015 Sponsors
- THOUGHT LEADERS: Reed Smith
- MARKET MAKERS: Calvert Investments | Crop Harvest Earth Organic | Nuveen Investments | John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- GAME CHANGERS: Ardsley Partners | Goldman Sachs Asset Management | KKR | Mariner Investment Group | MicroVest Capital Management | Omidyar Network | TriLinc Global | U.S. Trust
- STEWARDS OF CHANGE: Alston & Bird | Columbia Threadneedle Investments | Gratitude Railroad | Impax Asset Management | Rockefeller & Co. | RPCK | Skopos Impact Fund
- CHANGING HEARTS & MINDS: Bank of the West BNP Paribas | Chilton Capital Management | DivestInvest | EMMNY | Foundation Source | Green Century Capital | Laura Kind McKenna | Perrett Laver
Thanks to our Network Partners
Abernathy MacGregor | Caldy Group | Governance & Accountability Institute | Tiger 21 | AboutMicrofinance.com | Bioneers | Connext Consulting | Global Insight International | Invest with Values | Maximpact | New York Hedge Fund Roundtable | Rachel’s Network | SIFMA | Wealthrive
2015 Advisory Board
Saundra Gibson, Credit Suisse | Lisa Kleissner, Felicitas Foundation | Brace Young, Mariner investment Group | Adam Wolfensohn, Wolfensohn Fund Management
2015 Symposium Steering Committee
Drianne Benner, Appomattox Advisory | Ariane de Vienne, Cornerstone Capital | Diane Keating, High Water Women | Amy Patel, Imprint Capital | Alexandra Poe, Reed Smith | Imogen Rose-Smith, Institutional investor | Anna Snider, Merrill Lynch | Kate Starr, Starria
High Water Women's 2014 Investing for Impact Symposium
- 2014 Symposium Highlights
- Download the 2014 Symposium Agenda
- Download the 2014 Symposium Acknowledgments with Agenda
- Download 2014 Speaker and Panelist Bios
- Download the 2014 SymposiumLab Exhibitor Bios
- Download the Attendance List
- 2014 Symposium Presentations
- New, Objective Evidence of Women’s Performance in the Financial Sector — Elise N. Zoli, Equity Partner Goodwin Procter LLP | Founder, The Bottom Line (The ROI Factor Project)
- Clara Miller's Keynote address (video in its entirety)
- A Framework for Structuring a Sustainable Impact Investing Strategy — (video in its entirety) with Liesel Prtizker, Blue Haven, and Matthew Weatherly-White, CAPROCK. Moderated by Laurie Spengler, Enclude.
- 2014 Symposium Press Coverage
- Wall Street Journal Video Interview — The Wall Street Journal's Veronica Dagher interviewed Clara Miller, President of the FB Heron Foundation, Laurie Spengler, President Enclude Holdings and Candace Smith, COO Microvest – all speakers at HWW's 2014 Investing for Impact Symposium.
2014 Symposium Sponsors
Omidyar Network | Anonymous | Barclays | MicroVest | Reed Smith | Alberleen Group | Blackrock | Ecotrust Forest Management | Withers Worldwide | Calvert Investments | Ellevate | Trillium Asset Management
An innovative feature of this year's event was our SymposiumLab. The SymposiumLab demonstrated technology resources available to the conference participants including platforms for investing, trading, educational and networking groups, impact measurement solutions and other technology solutions. The SymposiumLab demonstrated the increasingly important role that technology plays in encouraging investments in this sector via educating the investor, analyzing and gaining insights into problems, expanding market coverage and industry networks around the globe, more effective measurement of financial and impact performance and creating new standard for fund transparency and financial reporting.
2014 SymposiumLab Exhibitors
Boundless Impact | HealRWorld | InvestOrbit | Plum Alley | PROSEEDER
2014 Media and Network Partners
Abernathy MacGregor | Foundation & Endowment Intelligence | Institutional Investor Forums | Wealthrive | AboutMicrofinance.com | Bioneers | Capital Good Fund | Catalyst | Connext Consulting | Governance & Accountability Institute | Maximpact | New York Hedge Fund Roundtable | eal Leaders | Sponsors for Education Opportunity | Wealth & Giving Forum | Women's Advancement Compact
- 2014 Symposium Resources
- From the Margins to the Mainstream — Assessment of the Impact Investment Sector and Opportunities to Engage Mainstream Investors. A report by the World Economic Forum Investors Industries; Prepared in collaboration with Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu.
- Charting the Course: How Mainstream Investors Can Design Visionary and Pragmatic Impact Investing Strategies. A report by the World Economic Forum Investors Industries. Prepared in collaboration with Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu – September 2014
- World Economic Forum: Ideas to Practice:
- Private Capital, Public Good: How Smart Federal Policy Can Galvanize Impact Investing — and Why It’s Urgent is available for download here and online at www.NABimpactinvesting.org US National Advisory Board on Impact Investing’s report of policy recommendations to galvanize impact investing in the United States.
- Money and Impact Investing Directory — Great resource about aligning money and values!
High Water Women's 2013 Investing for Impact Symposium
2013 Symposium Highlights