High Water Women's 2016 Investing for Impact Symposium
October 18th, New York City
Since 2013, High Water Women's Investing for Impact Symposium has evolved into an important gathering for impact investors who want to connect with other investors, advisors, and investment professionals. Past attendees have been impressed with the unique opportunities to network, our expertly curated program, and the breadth of experience brought by our speakers and discussion leaders, allowing for a closer examination and in-depth discussion of key impact topics and issues.
We are pleased to announce that Elizabeth Littlefield, President and CEO of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation, will deliver our Keynote address. For information on the program, speakers and attendees, we are providing the following documents:
2016 Symposium Attendee List (updated)
David Bank, ImpactAlpha | Vivina Berla, Sarona Asset Management | Vicki Benjamin, Calvert Investments | Drianne Benner, Appomattox Advisory | Peter Bernard, Root Capital | Monica Brand, Quona Capital | Sara Brand, True Wealth Ventures | Arlyn Davich, PayPerks | Lisa Davis, Pembrook Capital Management | James Dearborn, Columbia Threadneedle | Dr. Joan Fallon, Curemark | Ivan Frishberg, Amalgamated Bank | Kim Fortunato, Campbell Soup Foundation | Karina Funk, Brown Advisory | Eric Glass, AllianceBernstein | Steven Godeke, Jessie Smith Noyes Foundation | Michelle Gonzalez,The Influencer Series | Taryn Goodman, NatureVest | Tara Higgins, Orrick Herrington Sutcliffe | Michael Hoelter, Africa Agriculture and Trade Investment Fund | Summerly Horning, Tau Investments | Paulus Ingram, Arc Fiduciary | Hilary Irby, Morgan Stanley | Eric Jacobsen, Gratitude Railroad | Jalak Jobanputra, Future Perfect Ventures | Justina Lai, Wetherby Asset Management | Linda-Eling Lee, MSCI | Christina Leijonhufvud, Tideline | Georgia Levenson Keohane, Pershing Square Foundation | Elizabeth Littlefield, OPIC | Bonny Moellenbrock, Investors’ Circle | Molly Morse, Mango Materials | Rehana Nathoo, Case Foundation | Cindy Nawilis, SunFunder | Eileen Neely, Living Cities | David Nicola, Blackdirt Capital | Gayle Jennings O'Byrne, Maya Ventures Partners | Anastasia Cole Plakias, Brooklyn Grange Rooftop Farm | Tracy Palandjian, Social Finance | Conor Platt, Etho Capital | Will Poole, Capria Ventures & Unitus Seed Fund | Barbara Raho, Golden Seeds | Ellen Remmer, The Philanthropic Initiative | Cynthia Ringo, DBL Investors | Imogen Rose-Smith, Institutional Investor | Kristina Rueter, oekom research AG | Kerry Rupp, True Wealth Ventures | Debra Schwartz, The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation | Lisa Sebesta, Fresh Source Capital | Ashley Shulten, BlackRock | Jamie Silver, Mariner Investment Group | Candace Smith, MicroVest | Anna Snider, Merrill Lynch | Laurie Spengler, Enclude | Taj Tabassoom, SeaChange Capital Partners | Joan Trant, TriLinc Global | Kathleen Utecht, Core Innovation | Anna-Marie Wascher, Flat World Partners | Amy Wildstein, Springboard Growth Capital | Nate Yohannes, U.S. Small Business Administration | Pat Zollar, Neuberger Berman
2016 Sponsor List in Formation:
Alston & Bird | Columbia Threadneedle | Cornerstone Capital Group | EMMNY | Farmland LP | Foundation Source | Golden Seeds | Neuberger Berman | Trillium Asset Management
2016 Network Partners:
Arabella | Aspen Institute | Bioneers | Calvert Foundation | Catalyst Catalytic Women | Philanthropy | Connecticut Council for Philanthropy | Connext Consulting | Convening the Conveners | Council on Foundations | Global Insight International | | Inspiring Capital | Invest with Values | Maximpact | Microfinance Club of New York | National Center for Family Philanthropy | Quartz | Rachel's Network | Real Leaders | SIFMA | Slow Money | Sponsors for Educational Opportunity | Triangle MFG | WISE | Women's Advancement Compact | World Post
High Water Women's 2015 Investing for Impact Symposium
- 2015 Symposium Highlights
- 2015 Symposium Program Agenda
- 2015 Symposium Acknowledgments with Agenda
- 2015 Symposium Speaker Bio's
- 2015 Symposium Attendee List
- Videos from Select Panels and Breakout Sessions:
- Keynote: An Impact Investment Story — Ron, Marty and Stephanie Cordes, CordesFoundation
- Setting Impact and Portfolio Objectives, Putting it Together — Combining your investment and impact objectives.
- — The Wharton Study as referenced in this panel: http://whr.tn/impactinvesting
- Investing with Impact: Food and Sustainable Agriculture — Defining and identifying your role in investing with impact focused on food and sustainable agriculture.
- The Mainstream is Going Impact — Mainstream financial services firms are incorporating impact into their array of offerings: how are they approaching this and how do they see it developing?
- An Ecosystem Approach to Environmental Investing — Defining and identifying the different roles & investments available in the environmental arena.
- High Water Women — The Role of Women in Impact Investing Initiative
- Select Press Coverage:
- Empowering Women Drives Impact Investing — Financial Advisor, 23 October 2015, By Jerilyn Klein Bier
- Inside MacArthur's Impact Investing: A Conversation With Debra Schwartz — Inside Philanthropy, 26 October 2015, By Kiersten Marek
- Thanks to Our 2015 Sponsors
- THOUGHT LEADERS: Reed Smith
- MARKET MAKERS: Calvert Investments | Crop Harvest Earth Organic | Nuveen Investments | John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- GAME CHANGERS: Ardsley Partners | Goldman Sachs Asset Management | KKR | Mariner Investment Group | MicroVest Capital Management | Omidyar Network | TriLinc Global | U.S. Trust
- STEWARDS OF CHANGE: Alston & Bird | Columbia Threadneedle Investments | Gratitude Railroad | Impax Asset Management | Rockefeller & Co. | RPCK | Skopos Impact Fund
- CHANGING HEARTS & MINDS: Bank of the West BNP Paribas | Chilton Capital Management | DivestInvest | EMMNY | Foundation Source | Green Century Capital | Laura Kind McKenna | Perrett Laver
Thanks to Our Network Partners
Abernathy MacGregor | Caldy Group | Governance & Accountability Institute | Tiger 21 | AboutMicrofinance.com | Bioneers | Connext Consulting | Global Insight International | Invest with Values | Maximpact | New York Hedge Fund Roundtable | Rachel’s Network | SIFMA | Wealthrive
2015 Advisory Board
Saundra Gibson, Credit Suisse | Lisa Kleissner, Felicitas Foundation | Brace Young, Mariner investment Group | Adam Wolfensohn, Wolfensohn Fund Management
2015 Symposium Steering Committee
Drianne Benner, Appomattox Advisory | Ariane de Vienne, Cornerstone Capital | Diane Keating, High Water Women | Amy Patel, Imprint Capital | Alexandra Poe, Reed Smith | Imogen Rose-Smith, Institutional investor | Anna Snider, Merrill Lynch | Kate Starr, Starria
High Water Women's 2014 Investing for Impact Symposium
- 2014 Symposium Highlights
- Download the 2014 Symposium Agenda
- Download the 2014 Symposium Acknowledgments with Agenda
- Download 2014 Speaker and Panelist Bios
- Download the 2014 SymposiumLab Exhibitor Bios
- Download the Attendance List
- 2014 Symposium Presentations
- New, Objective Evidence of Women’s Performance in the Financial Sector — Elise N. Zoli, Equity Partner Goodwin Procter LLP | Founder, The Bottom Line (The ROI Factor Project)
- Clara Miller's Keynote address (video in its entirety)
- A Framework for Structuring a Sustainable Impact Investing Strategy — (video in its entirety) with Liesel Prtizker, Blue Haven, and Matthew Weatherly-White, CAPROCK. Moderated by Laurie Spengler, Enclude.
- 2014 Symposium Press Coverage
- Wall Street Journal Video Interview — The Wall Street Journal's Veronica Dagher interviewed Clara Miller, President of the FB Heron Foundation, Laurie Spengler, President Enclude Holdings and Candace Smith, COO Microvest – all speakers at HWW's 2014 Investing for Impact Symposium.
2014 Symposium Sponsors
Omidyar Network | Anonymous | Barclays | MicroVest | Reed Smith | Alberleen Group | Blackrock | Ecotrust Forest Management | Withers Worldwide | Calvert Investments | Ellevate | Trillium Asset Management
An innovative feature of this year's event was our SymposiumLab. The SymposiumLab demonstrated technology resources available to the conference participants including platforms for investing, trading, educational and networking groups, impact measurement solutions and other technology solutions. The SymposiumLab demonstrated the increasingly important role that technology plays in encouraging investments in this sector via educating the investor, analyzing and gaining insights into problems, expanding market coverage and industry networks around the globe, more effective measurement of financial and impact performance and creating new standard for fund transparency and financial reporting.
2014 SymposiumLab Exhibitors
Boundless Impact | HealRWorld | InvestOrbit | Plum Alley | PROSEEDER
2014 Media and Network Partners
Abernathy MacGregor | Foundation & Endowment Intelligence | Institutional Investor Forums | Wealthrive | AboutMicrofinance.com | Bioneers | Capital Good Fund | Catalyst | Connext Consulting | Governance & Accountability Institute | Maximpact | New York Hedge Fund Roundtable | eal Leaders | Sponsors for Education Opportunity | Wealth & Giving Forum | Women's Advancement Compact
- 2014 Symposium Resources
- From the Margins to the Mainstream — Assessment of the Impact Investment Sector and Opportunities to Engage Mainstream Investors. A report by the World Economic Forum Investors Industries; Prepared in collaboration with Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu.
- Charting the Course: How Mainstream Investors Can Design Visionary and Pragmatic Impact Investing Strategies. A report by the World Economic Forum Investors Industries. Prepared in collaboration with Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu – September 2014
- World Economic Forum: Ideas to Practice:
- Private Capital, Public Good: How Smart Federal Policy Can Galvanize Impact Investing — and Why It’s Urgent is available for download here and online at www.NABimpactinvesting.org US National Advisory Board on Impact Investing’s report of policy recommendations to galvanize impact investing in the United States.
- Money and Impact Investing Directory — Great resource about aligning money and values!
High Water Women's 2013 Investing for Impact Symposium
2013 Symposium Highlights